Manager, People and Culture
E3 Community Services Inc.
Location: Collingwood, ON
Closing Date: November 10, 2023
Application Method: Submit cover letters and applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
E3 Community Services Inc. is searching for a creative problem solver and strategic leader to fill our Manager, People and Culture role. This position will oversee the overall management of the people, culture and employment functions of the organization.
Who is E3?
E3 Community Services Inc. is a multi-service agency offering a broad array of supports for children, and adults with developmental disabilities. The agency also provides programs to the broader community such as Tots ‘n’ Tykes Child Care Centre and EarlyON, as well as services such as ReUse Centre and Oasis by the Bay Vacation Suites.
What the job entails:
The Manager People and Culture will report directly to the C.E.O. and provides assistance and leadership aimed at helping E3 Community Services Inc. achieve its organizational objectives. This individual works to ensure that E3’s People and Culture Services and E3 Community Services Inc. are in compliance with all applicable federal and provincial legislation.
Key responsibilities include the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of employee and employment related policies, programs and procedures, people planning, recruitment, training and development, job description development and analysis, benefit structure and administration, employee lifecycle, staff relations, health & safety, employee/employer relations and provides input into occupation classification, and compensation.
The Manager People and Culture participates actively on various joint committees to maintain ongoing relations between management and employees.
As a key member of the Management Team, the Manager People and Culture advocates for and promotes inclusion, self-determination and supports the organization’s mission and values.
This full-time position (40 hours per week) is based in Collingwood, ON, working predominantly Monday – Friday. This includes flexible hours, which could include evenings and weekends. In addition, some travel from site to site will be required.
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life, AD&D, LTD
- Generous time away from work (vacation, personal, floater)
- RRSP match
What experience, education, and skills do you need?
The ideal candidate will hold a Degree or Diploma from an accredited college or university in related area(s) of study or the equivalent in education and experience along with a Human Resources Designation; Certified Human Resources Leader or Executive (CHRL or CHRE). He or she should have a minimum of five years human resources related management experience within the non-profit or social services field.
This position requires knowledge of theories, principles, methods, work practices, requirements for Ministry of Labour, Skills and Development, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Employment Standards Act, WSIB and other related legislation to direct the Occupational Health and Safety Program. As well, experience guiding or participating as a lead in a change management project and with overseeing the recruitment, selection and staff development programs of all employees to meet legislated and agency compliance requirements. Experience utilizing HRIS and scheduling systems and the ability to learn to work with new online systems and technologies is important. Experience in conducting investigations, including dispute resolution and with Attendance Management programs, including disability management and developing/implementing RTW/accommodation plans for occupational and non-occupational absences.
This role requires positive interpersonal skills with excellent critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts. Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook 365 applications including Teams are required.
An Ontario G Class Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required along with the ability to commute/relocate to Collingwood, ON before starting work.
- Provide direction to all levels of employees for HR related issues.
- Execute HR programs such as training, innovation, employee recognition, activities and recreational programs in a way supporting internal equity and organization’s competitiveness.
- Oversees the People and Culture Services team to plan and organize recruitment and retention activities for all staff, volunteers, students
- Develops, implements, and monitors employee, employment, and health and safety related policies and procedures to ensure legislation compliance and employee standards are met
- Provide recommendations on leadership and organizational behaviours.
- Provide support and input for change management initiatives.
- Provide training and support for supervisors and above in areas of performance management, conflict resolution, discipline and terminations.
- Direct the Occupational Health and Safety Program
- Anticipate and identify emerging issues, trends and problems that affect the policies and programs of E3 Community Services Inc. or have an impact on organizational objectives
- Ensures compliance with legislative requirements including by not limited to the Employment Standards Act (Ontario), the Ontario Human Rights Commission, and the Pay Equity Act
- Participate in ongoing personal development and continuous learning.
- Advise managers on organizational matters such as discrimination, discipline, harassment, etc.
- Assist in the investigation and reporting of accidents, incidents and complaints
- Research employee benefit and health and safety practices and recommend modifications to existing E3 Community Services Inc. policies and procedures.
- Provide support in Strategic Planning and Performance Data Management processes.
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Provide coaching and resources to employees and managers with respect to career development, compensation, staffing initiatives, performance management and employee relations.
- Responds respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, classes, races, ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientations, faiths and religions in a manner that recognizes, affirms and values the worth of individuals, families and communities
- Upholds a high standard of proper conduct and professionalism
- Other duties as delegated by the CEO or designate
Come join us today and see what a difference you can make in the lives of others!
E3 is an equal opportunity employer — meaning that every person, regardless race, gender, or sexual orientation, has an equal opportunity to find employment based on merit the job requirements and experience qualifications guide the process of hiring someone so that they thrive in the role, and E3 achieves their desired outcomes for their organization’s mission and values.
At E3, we take accessibility seriously. If there are specific ways we can support you in this hiring process, please let us know.
We thank all respondents for their applications but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Upholds a high standard of proper conduct and professionalism
Send all applications to: email@example.com
Submit your application:
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
E3 is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process.
If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all respondents for their applications but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.