Childcare Workers – Youth Summer Positions
E3 Community Services Inc.
Location: Collingwood, ON
Closing Date: April 30, 2023
Salary Range: $16.50/hour
Application Method: Submit cover letters and applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
E3 Community Services Inc. is a multi-service agency offering a broad array of supports for children, and adults with developmental disabilities. The agency also provides programs to the broader community such as Tots ‘n’ Tykes Day Care and EarlyON, as well as services such as ReUse Centre and Oasis by the Bay Vacation Suites.
Summer positions we are currently looking to fill:
We are looking for passionate youth to work as part of a team of Childcare Workers who are responsible for the supervision and management of a playroom in accordance with policies and procedures of Tots‘n Tykes or the EarlyON Centre. The youth will ensure the safety and physical well-being of the children, implement age appropriate activities and assist Educators and Program Facilitators with daily routines at our main EarlyON centres and at outreach locations or at Tots ‘n Tykes preschool. The position will work 35 hours per week for 8 – 16 weeks starting in May 2023.
The ideal candidate will meet the following educational requirements:
- Courses in Early Learning and Child Development or a related field of study at the college or university level; currently holds or working towards an ECE diploma
- Current criminal reference check with vulnerable sector check completed within last 6 months
- First Aid and CPR (training available if you do not already have this)
- Experience in a licensed child care setting
- Must be:
- between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
Covid precautions – Please note that a rapid antigen test will be performed before starting work for successful candidates. Applicants are required to provide proof of completion of the full series of Covid-19 vaccinations.
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
E3 is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process.
If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all respondents for their applications but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.