Community Support Worker
E3 Community Services Inc.
Location: Collingwood, ON
Closing Date: October 31, 2022
Salary Range: starting at $22.90 per hour
Application Method: Submit cover letters and applications to: email@example.com
Are you personable, caring, passionate, and energetic?
Do you enjoy teaching new skills, being physically active, and getting involved in your community? Are you looking for more work/life balance in a position where you make a difference in our community? Are you able to work flexible hours with shifts at various times of the day, afternoon and evening on any day of the week, including weekends? Raise your hand if that’s you! E3 is hiring Community Support Workers with all of the above attributes. We are currently hiring for full, part time or Casual Community Support Workers.
What is a Community Support Worker?
Community Support Workers assist people with developmental disabilities to find a satisfying and purposeful place in their community by enhancing their quality of life; promoting growth; assisting with activities of daily living; honouring personal choice and informed decision-making and implementing individualized plans with attainable outcomes.
What is in it for you?
- Full time, part time and Casual shifts available at various times of day, afternoon and evenings
- Work in a fun and ever-changing environment helping people to lead their best lives possible while enjoying pursuits such as gardening, sports, cooking, crafts, music, games and outings
- Competitive wages
- Generous time away from work policies, starting with 3 weeks of paid vacation per year, paid floater days (an extra 24 hours per year) and personal time for full time staff
- Excellent comprehensive health, dental, life and retirement benefits for all full time staff through Manulife benefits including physiotherapy, chiropractic, massage, vision and so much more
- LifeWorks Employee Assistance Program for all staff including excellent, confidential mental health services and support for all members and family
- RRSP with company contribution for full time staff
- Full workplace accident insurance for all employees through Chubb Insurance
- Ongoing training and development opportunities while at work
What does a typical work shift look like?
We require Community Support Workers to be flexible because the supported individuals will need support at differing times of the day during the week including afternoons and evenings and on weekends as well. Every shift is unique and rewarding!
We seek to promote daily involvement within the community, including opportunities for physical and emotional wellness, social and spiritual growth, and leisure and recreational activities.
Some of these activities might include outings within the community such as going to the YMCA or to a concert or assisting individuals to get to medical appointments, grocery shopping, or transportation to their job. Community Support Workers may support the people living in E3’s group homes but some will work with individuals who are able to live on their own and are working out in the community, and may need assistance with certain daily activities in the community.
You will build meaningful relationships with the individuals and with your fellow team members. There’s no better feeling than going home from work knowing that you’ve made a positive impact in someone else’s life.
What is required to do this job?
- Flexibility to work at different times of the day and evenings depending on the individual needs of those supported as there is no fixed schedule
- Positive attitude and desire to care for vulnerable individuals to make their lives extra special
- Human services diploma (DSW, SSW, PSW) or equivalent is a Benefit but not required
- Current First Aid/CPR certification is an asset (paid training is provided if you do not already have this)
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention certification is an asset (paid training is provided if you do not already have this)
- Current Police and Vulnerable Sector Screen
- Ability to stand, lift, push, pull, bend, walk as needed to support individuals. Also, you will use mechanical lifts when required.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License (G license) and reliable transportation and insurance
Covid precautions – Please note that a rapid antigen test will be performed before starting work for successful candidates. Applicants are required to provide proof of full vaccination with the vaccination passport/QR code when submitting their resumes. We will not consider applications without proof of vaccination.
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
E3 is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process.
If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all respondents for their applications but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.