Registered Early Childhood Educator – Contract Full Time (Sept- April)
Tots ‘n Tykes Childcare Centre operated by E3 Community Services Inc.
Location: Collingwood, ON
Closing Date: November 30, 2023
Salary Range: $20.13 (includes $2/hour) Total Wage Enhancement plus General Operating Grant (approximately $2/hour) total per hour $22.13
Tots ‘n Tykes is looking for a dedicated, experienced Educator to join their early learning, teaching team in a full time, contract position working a minimum of 37.5 hours per week. This contract position will last from September 2023 until April 2024, with a possibility of extending until October 2024. If you are looking to create a work life balance that offers evenings and weekends free, this career opportunity is for you. Our unique child care centre is inspired by the foundation of the Reggio Emilia Educational Approach and The Hundred Languages of Learning. We look forward to working alongside a fellow Educator who is highly motivated, passionate and energetic. As a team we have created a working environment where you will be able to learn and grow alongside the children.
We value diversity and hire from all backgrounds for our organization.
Your Role Includes:
Working on a team of 4 Educators; the children will assist you through daily activities such as:
– sensory play, outdoor exploration, masterpiece creator, vocalist, drama coach, avid story teller, gourmet food server, cleaning enthusiast, master multi tasker and expert diaper changer
As an Educator you will plan and implement daily and weekly learning opportunities for the children based off of their interests and yours, utilizing the Reggio Emilia concepts
HiMama app is used for daily documentation of children’s activities and communication with families (training will be provided)
-Knowledge of pedagogical documentation is an asset
Cleaning and sanitizing program areas in accordance with current health guidelines
We offer a competitive compensation package, including:
- Health and Dental benefits for employees working permanently 37.5 hours per week
- Workplace accident insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- An extremely generous vacation entitlement
- Time off through floater days and personal leave
- On-site training
- Opportunities for advancement within the organization
- A collaborative and supportive work environment
- Early Childhood Education Diploma (ECE) and registered with the College of ECE’s
- Experience working in a child care setting with children ages 18 months to 4 years
- Standard First Aid – CPR level C and AED current certificate
- Current Food Handler’s certificate (training will be provided)
- Clear Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screen
- Bonus – knowledge of the Reggio Emilia Approach to Education
Submit your application:
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
E3 is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process.
If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all respondents for their applications but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.