Full Time and Part Time Direct Support Professionals
E3 Community Services Inc.
Location: Collingwood, ON
Closing Date: December 20, 2021
Salary Range: starting at $19.90 per hour regular pay plus extra $3.00/hour temporary wage enhancement until March 31/21
Application Method: Submit cover letters and applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct Support Professionals (DSP’s) assist people with developmental disabilities to find a satisfying and purposeful place in their community by enhancing their quality of life; promoting growth; assisting with activities of daily living; honouring personal choice and informed decision-making and implementing individualized plans with attainable outcomes.
Life’s too short for the wrong job!
Are you someone who enjoys working independently while still being a part of a team? Do you enjoy supporting people to lead their best life possible?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, we have the job for you!
Why work with us?
- E3 Community Services is the second largest employer in Collingwood
- Starting hourly rate of $19.90 per hour
- work 7 days out of 14; every other weekend off; 12 hour shifts
- Health, dental, life and retirement benefits for employees working full time hours
- RRSP with company contribution
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- Generous Time Away from Work Policies (i.e. vacation and floater days)
- Opportunities for internal training and growth
What will you be doing?
- Provide supervision and support in all aspects of daily living including, but not limited to, personal care, hygiene, domestic skills, employment, education, home maintenance, money management while facilitating the individuals’ inclusion in the community’s experiences and activities
- Assist with attending medical appointments
- Assist individuals with understanding and exercising their rights in a safe and responsible way
- Promote independence and quality decision-making in daily activities, such as work, learning and leisure
- Engage and encourage business owners/operators to include people with disabilities in their hiring and recruitment processes, supporting both the business and the individual in all aspects of the employee relationship; onboarding, training, performance management and retention
- Comply with and remain current with agency information, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Maintain accurate individual and agency records, follow reporting procedures and assume other administrative duties as required
- Operate facility’s vehicles in compliance with company policies and governmental statues
- Assist with the maintenance of the work site
- Practice fiscal responsibility to individuals and agency
- Promote safety and well-being of self and others
- Maintain professionalism in all aspects of duties
What do we need from you?
- Human Service Diploma (DSW, SSW, PSW) or equivalent is a preferred qualification
- Education and experience in Developmental Services or a related field would be an asset
- Current First Aid/CPR certification is an asset (training is provided if do not have this already)
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certification is an asset (training is provided if do not have this already)
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and reliable transportation
We have Full Time and Part Time shifts available. Part time positions must be prepared to commit to 24 hours per week and expect to work every other weekend.
E3 Community Services Inc. is a multi-service agency offering a broad array of supports for children, and adults with developmental disabilities. The agency also provides programs to the broader community such as Day Care and EarlyON, as well as services such as ReUse Centre and Oasis by the Bay Vacation Suites.
Covid precautions – Please note that successful candidates must provide a negative covid-19 test done within 2 weeks prior to the start date along with proof of full vaccination status completed at least 14 days prior to working.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided if required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting or cleaning procedures in place
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
E3 is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all respondents for their applications but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.