E3 Community Services Inc.
Maintenance and Procurement Manager
Are you someone who enjoys maintaining properties, buildings and machinery making sure they are kept in good working order while providing a safe work environment for the people around you? Do you have a background in procurement and maintenance?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, we may have the job for you!
E3 Community Services Inc. is a multi-service agency offering a broad array of supports for children, and adults with developmental disabilities. The agency also provides programs to the broader community such as Day Care and EarlyON, as well as services such as ReUse Centre and Oasis by the Bay Vacation Suites.
Who are we looking for?
The Maintenance and Procurement Manager will provide our agency with project management in order to maintain the necessary equipment and supplies to ensure efficient repair schedules and property/equipment use while maintaining a safe environment for the people we support, our staff and the community. The manager will plan projects to ensure a proactive approach to availability of funds. He or she will source out contractors and/or items required by obtaining RFP’s as needed for the senior management team. He or she will liaise with subcontractors to ensure projects are delivered on the agreed upon timeline. The manager will perform preventative maintenance, basic repairs and renovations, assembly of furniture, general maintenance, including outside ground maintenance as required while ensuring any associated documentation, including inventory, is complete and accurate. This position will supervise the maintenance and grounds keeping staff including internal and external stakeholders.
What experience/education do you need?
- 10+ years experience in procurement or purchasing and maintenance in a management role
- high school diploma as a minimum
- related degree from a technical college and/or technical certifications (electrical, plumbing, HVAC etc.) would be an asset
- project management experience is an asset
- computer competency (MS Office suite, project management tools, HIPPO, Sharevision)
- strong knowledge of engineering concepts including electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems and the ability to interpret blueprints, specifications and schematics
- clear and direct communication is essential to this role
- willing to travel to various company properties
Benefits while working for E3:
- Health, dental, life and retirement benefits for employees working 37.5 hours or more per week
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Time Away from Work Policies (i.e. vacation)
Covid precautions – Please note that successful candidates must provide a negative covid-19 test done within 2 weeks prior to the start date.
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
E3 is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all respondents for their applications but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.