E3 Community Services Inc. is a multi-service agency offering a broad array of supports for children, and adults with developmental disabilities. The agency also provides programs to the broader community such as Day Care and EarlyON, as well as services such as ReUse Centre and Oasis by the Bay Vacation Suites.
We are looking for a Maintenance Specialist in a contract position. To do well in this role you should have previous experience in maintenance, be highly skilled with various hand and power tools, and be able to read technical by-laws, literature and repair manuals. This is a one year contract with a possibility of renewal. The position will work 20 hours per week.
Maintenance Specialist Responsibilities:
- Conducting routine inspections of premises (20 locations) and equipment.
- Performing preventative maintenance.
- Handling basic repairs and maintenance including but not limited to basic plumbing and electrical.
- Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary.Regular review of vendors to ensure cost and quality competitiveness.
- Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them.
- Assessing and/or repairing equipment or structures as necessary.
- Proactively monitor and reporting upcoming repairs.
- Use relevant information and individual judgement to evaluate whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, and standards of practice, e.g. Health & Safety, WHMIS, Ontario Building code, Ontario Hydro code, Ontario Fire code and Ontario Drinking Water regulations.
- Obtain and review quotes according to standards of practice for Agency purchases.
Maintenance Specialist Requirements:
- Proven maintenance experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree. Certification in trades is an asset.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to take apart equipment and devices to remove and replace defective parts.
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary.
- Experience performing routine maintenance.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Keen attention to quality of work and ability to address deficiencies in a timely manner.
- Professional presentation and attitude.Strong Interpersonal skills as they will be working around vulnerable individuals and various staff members.
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually and dealing with multiple competing priorities.
- Strong time management skills.
Come join us today and see what a difference you can make in the lives of others!
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
E3 is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all respondents for their applications but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.