These positions will provide supervision and support to residents living in a group home setting in all aspects of daily living including personal care, domestic skills, home maintenance, money management, use of community businesses and resources, recreation, medical, medications and safety. The successful candidates will participate in the planning process for residents and assist in development of strategies to achieve the plan. They will assist with the maintenance of the work site; keep up to date on agency information, policies and guidelines; practices fiscal responsibility to residents and agency. The support workers will maintain accurate client and agency records, follow reporting procedures, and assumes other administrative duties. They will promote the safety and well being of self and others; act as a liaison between internal and external contacts and maintain professionalism in all aspects of duties. They will maintain current standing in required courses.
- DSW or equivalent
- Current Emergency First Aid/CPR certificate (will train)
- Current NVCI certificate (will train)
- French language proficiency would be an asset
Assets/Special Factors of the Position:
- The work schedule will include days and evenings on every other weekend.
- The work and shift rotations are subject to change, with little notice, based on program needs.
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).Apply Here