Exciting Internal Opportunity now available to existing staff members!
Are you currently working, but have some available time within your schedule to tackle a unique challenge building on community partnerships and expanding services to prevent crisis situations within our county? If you have developed skills and effective communications which enable you to assist each citizen to live fully in their own community and you are aware of past issues that have led to unsafe situations for individuals and their families as read through the report “Nowhere to Turn”, this may be the job for you.
Three Temporary Part Time Urgent Care Response Positions are now available for 6 months from February- August 2019, with a reassessment in August.
The County of Simcoe Developmental Services agencies are working in partnership to develop an after hours urgent response to answer the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities who are experiencing urgent issues after hours.
Details of the position:
- On call night asleep position from home between the hours of 10pm and 8 am
- Work 7 days in a 21 day rotation
- Will be paid for 4 hours at $19.22 for being on call
- Full wages will be paid when called to respond and support an individual
- Employee will have access to a telecommunication device and be required to respond as needed
- Employee will be trained in additional behavior management techniques
- Must have access to reliable vehicle
- Must be able to meet the first responders at any location within the County of Simcoe
- Will be available as back up staff as needed anywhere in the county
- Enhanced communication devices will be available, such as phone and emergency pendant
This position will be needed when:
- The needs of the person requiring support exceed the existing resources within the location of the urgent response respite bed
- The need to transport the person to/from a location during the 48-hour stay (transportation from first responders should be used to support the transport to first location)
- There is a need to support a person in their existing home/location
Special training and support for this position:
Although it is recognized that all DS agencies have existing practices, tools and protocols that should be utilized to support the development of the after-hours urgent response process, it is also understood that the staff will be placed at significant risk due to the individuals reaction to the recent event that led to the intervention and the lack of knowledge /relationship with the individual being supported. As such, several Simcoe County agencies have agreed to support in specific areas:
- The Centre for Behaviour Health Sciences (CBHS) will support the development of the staff training and risk assessment tools in order to mitigate risk and provide tools to support staff in safe interventions.
- The Centre for Behaviour Health Sciences (CBHS) will support the development of the Intake Package tool (see local tools in Process section).
- Catulpa has provided their Working Alone Standards and Guideline to support E3 in the development of their policies and procedures for this position.
• Human Services Diploma (DSW, SSW, PSW) or equivalent is preferred but not required
• Keen interest in working with developmentally disabled individuals
• First Aid/CPR certificate or willingness to obtain
• NVCI certificate or willingness to obtain
• Driver’s License and reliable transportation (mileage to calls will be reimbursed)
• French language proficiency would be an asset
Come join us today and see what a difference you can make in the lives of others!
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
E3 is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all respondents for their applications but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Apply Here