E3 Community Services Inc.
Location: Collingwood, ON
Closing Date: February 10, 2023
Salary Range: starting at $19.17 per hour
Application Method: Submit cover letters and applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you an experienced Maintenance Worker looking for a rewarding work environment?
If you are hardworking and a proactive problem solver, we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a skilled Maintenance Generalist to keep our facilities tidy and functional by assuming responsibility for repairs and cleaning.
Join our dedicated, dynamic and hard working team and help us ensure a safe, attractive and enjoyable living and working environment for the people we support and for our employees and the community.
The Maintenance Generalist
The Maintenance Generalist is responsible for the delivery of maintenance services to E3 Community Services Inc. ensuring that buildings, properties, and equipment, are kept in good working order and provide a safe environment for employees, the people supported by E3 services and visitors.
As with all E3 Community Services Inc. employees, the Maintenance Generalist, is expected to adhere to all policies, procedures, and applicable legislation.
What is in it for you?
- Work in an environment where helping people is our bottom line.
- Competitive wages and full benefits package.
- Generous time away from work policies, starting with 3 weeks of paid vacation per year, paid floater days (an extra 24 hours per year) and personal time.
- Excellent comprehensive health, dental, life and retirement benefits for all full time staff through Manulife benefits including physiotherapy, chiropractic, massage, vision and so much more!
- LifeWorks Employee Assistance Program for all staff including excellent, confidential mental health services and support for all members and family.
- RRSP with company contribution of 4%.
- Full workplace accident insurance for all employees through Chubb Insurance.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities while at work.
What will you be doing?
- Performing regular preventative maintenance on machines and equipment
- Performing a variety of minor plumbing maintenance tasks as required along with general carpentry functions
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment while performing duties
- Set priorities for preventative maintenance work orders, maintenance requisitions or repair
- Prepare, paint and decorate interior and exterior surfaces as required
- Operate grounds keeping power equipment and maintain external property
- Perform minor construction work ie. dismantling and erecting walls, finishing carpentry work, pouring contrete etc.
- Maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures; comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Report to manager any situations where outside expertise is required and oversee contractors when professional repairs are necessary
- Perform all duties in a safe and responsible manner and in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act
What is required to do this job?
- High school diploma or general education degree
- Proven maintenance experience and ability and interest to learn more
- Related degree from a technical college and/or technical certification (electrical, plumbing, HVAC etc.) would be an asset
- Knowledge in the safe usage of hand and power tools
- Experience performing routine maintenance on all equipment found in a home/workplace and the building itself
- Strong organizational and follow up skills
- Professional presentation, communication and attitude
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License (G license) and reliable transportation to support travel along with a copy of your Driver’s Abstract
- Police and Vulnerable Sector Check
Covid precautions – Please note that a rapid antigen test will be performed before starting work for successful candidates. Applicants are required to provide proof of full vaccination with the vaccination passport/QR code when submitting their resumes. We will not consider applications without proof of vaccination.
- In person interviews
- Masking and vaccination proof will be in effect
- Self screening
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
E3 is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process.
If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. We thank all respondents for their applications but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.