Respite Care Support Workers
E3 Community Services Inc.
Location: Collingwood, ON
Closing Date: December 20, 2021
Salary Range: starting at $19.90 per hour regular pay
Application Method: Submit cover letters and applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Respite Care Support Workers will possess a unique and skilled ability to develop, implement and evaluate innovative programs that respond to individualized needs, interests, strengths and abilities of the children and adults we support thus providing their family members with a chance to rest and to concentrate on other personal or family needs. Respite services will be offered through the DSO for qualifying individuals and E3 Respite staff will provide overnight or daily care making sure to incorporate time for community involvement; to meet new friends and to explore personal interests and desires. Respite staff will provide all personal care along with meal preparation, activities as dictated by the Respite participants, dispensing of medications and administrative follow up with families. We aim to make the respite experience as meaningful and restorative as possible for both the supported individuals and their families/caregivers.
Life’s too short for the wrong job!
Are you someone who enjoys new challenges everyday, working in a variety of locations with different people?
Do you enjoy helping people to lead their best life possible?
If you answered “yes” to these questions then we may have the employment opportunity for you!
We’re on the lookout for caring and compassionate team members to work as Respite Care Support Workers in our newly renovated respite space in Collingwood. Our goal is to provide supported children, youth, adults and their families with engaging, accessible, safe and personalized supports.
E3 Community Services Inc. is a multi-service agency offering a broad array of supports for children, and adults with developmental disabilities. The agency also provides programs to the broader community such as Tots ‘n’ Tykes Day Care and EarlyON, as well as services such as ReUse Centre and Oasis by the Bay Vacation Suites.
What experience/education do you need?
- Education and experience in Developmental Services or a related field such as nursing or early childhood education would be an asset.
- A Human Service Diploma (DSW, SSW) or equivalent is a preferred qualification, as are First Aid/CPR and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certifications
- Police and Vulnerable Sector Screen is a requirement
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Please note that training in First Aid/CPR and NCI will be provided to successful candidates should they not already have these certifications.
Benefits while working for E3:
- Health, dental, life and retirement benefits for employees working 37.5 hours or more per week
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Time Away from Work Policies (i.e. vacation)
- Opportunities for personal growth through company supported training programs
Covid precautions – Please note that successful candidates must provide a negative covid-19 test done within 2 weeks prior to the start date. People interviewed in person will be required to provide proof of full vaccination along with a photo id.
Come join us today and see what a difference you can make in the lives of others!
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
E3 is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all respondents for their applications but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.