Frequently Asked


How do I access services and support?

You can access E3’s services by applying through the Developmental Services Ontario Website or by calling them at 1-855–277-2121.

Alternatively, you can access these services by contacting 705-445-6351 and someone will be able to assist you. Our services are Person Centered, and we would prefer to be able to chat with you about what services you are looking for and how we can make that work.

Can E3 help me complete forms for support?

Yes, E3 Community Services can assist with filling out any applications and documents required for services. Please call our main office at 705-445-6351, and ask for our Intake Coordinator. Our Intake Coordinator will be able to assist you in filling out your applications, or direct you to someone who can.

Does E3 support children services?

E3 Community Services has multiple children’s services. These services include:
Children’s Out of Home Respite – Out of Home Respite is a service that provides parents/caregivers of children with a developmental disability, short term relief outside of the family home.

Tots ‘n’ Tykes Childcare Centre – Tots ‘n’ Tykes is a licensed facility through the Ministry of Education and the Child Care and Early Years Act.

EarlyON Child and Family Centres – EarlyON and Family Centres are intended to prepare children for lifelong learning, health and well-being. The Centres are meant for all Ontario families. We have two locations; Alliston and Collingwood.

Does E3 provide housing?

E3 community services has 14 fully staffed homes, as well, we aid those living in the community, through our Supported Independent Living program. These services can be accessed by applying to Developmental Services Ontario.

If you require more information, or assistance in applying for these services, contact 705-445-6351 and ask to speak to our Intake Coordinator.

Is there a cost for services?

There is no cost for the application to Developmental Services Ontario, which provides ministry funded programs. These funded programs would include but not limited to, housing, employment supports, and Supported Independent Living.

Other programs, such as Out of Home Respite and Passport, do have fees associated with them. Please contact our office at 705-445-6351 for more information.

What services does E3 offer?

Our Adult Services include – Supported Independent Living, Group Living, Life Share Program, Employment Services, Day Services, Adult Respite, and Passport Services.

Our Children’s Services include – EarlyON Child and Family Centres, Tots ‘n’ Tykes Childcare Centre, and Out of Home Respite.

How do I know if I am eligible for services?

Adult Programs – Anyone 18 and older with a developmental disability is eligible to apply for services through Developmental Services Ontario. If you have any concerns about your eligibility, please contact us at 705-445-6351.

What happens if I am not eligible?

If you have applied to Developmental Services Ontario, and you do not qualify for services, our staff will help, to the best of their ability, to guide you in alternative directions for support for resources.

How long does it take for an application to go through?

Application wait times will vary depending on the program and services you are applying for. Our ministry funded spots do have wait lists that are controlled through Developmental Services Ontario. These spots are limited.

Please contact us at 705-445-6351, and someone would be happy to answer any questions you have.

E3 solicits feedback from persons served and their caregivers in the following ways: meetings, surveys, Planning Gatherings, Rights Committee Focus Groups, and interviews. Feedback is very important to the individuals we support, their caregivers, and the overall quality of our services. We strive to incorporate constructive suggestions for change into Strategic and Operational planning so that our efforts are truly person and family centred.

E3 recognizes that even with the best of intentions there will be times when questions and concerns arise. We will do our utmost to assure they are addressed in a timely and respectful manner and to that end, E3 has developed a Problem Resolution Process.

For further information, please see three steps to resolution below.

Three Steps to Resolution
  1. As a first step, we encourage you to communicate openly and honestly with the direct support worker who works closely with your family member. In the majority of cases, good communications at this level will resolve any issue/concern you may have. If you are uncomfortable dealing with the direct support worker, you may wish to proceed to the next step.
  2. Should your concerns persist, we encourage you to call us at 705-445-6351, ext. 227 and ask to have one of our managers call you.
  3. In rare instances, concerns are not addressed satisfactorily. If you feel you have tried your best to get resolution and want to pursue the matter further, call the CEO at 705-445-6351 and ask to have the matter referred to the Appeals/Rights Committee. This committee is made up of parents, Board members and management.
Skip to content