Dear parents and families, we are fully open, with infectious disease protocols in place. We currently have a waiting list for families wishing to join the centre.
- COVID Policy Tots’n’Tykes
- SOP Child Care Arrival and Departure During An Infectious Disease Emergency
- Parent Handbook 2021
- Enrollment Package
- COVID-19 school and child care screening
- My Child Did Not Pass the COVID-19 Daily Screening. Now What?
Our child care centre may be your child’s first independent step away from home. It represents a transition from home to “school”. Your child will be exposed to learning experiences designed to foster growth and to smooth that transition.
Tot ’n’ Tykes is a licenced facility through the Ministry of Education and the Child Care and Early Years Act.
At Tots ’n’ Tykes we view all children as competent, capable, curious learners and rich in potential.
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
60 Ninth Street, Collingwood, ON
705 445 5515
Registration, Enrolment and Immunization
Completed enrolment packages shall be taken for enrolment of children between the ages of 18 months to 5 years.
Children are accepted according to age, available spaces and days of care needed as stated by the parent.
A child shall have had age-appropriate routine immunizations completed before admission. A copy of the child’s immunization dates and Health Card number must be provided.
A mid day meal and 2 snacks are provided. The weekly menus are posted and are in accordance with all legislation.
Orientation to the Program
Parent(s) and child are required to attend an orientation meeting prior to child’s start date. During the orientation, parents will have the opportunity to meet playroom educators and complete a child information sheet, receive a tour of the centre, review Parent Handbook and sign forms.
Fee assistance may be available to eligible families. County of Simcoe residents interested in applying for child care fee subsidy should contact the Children’s Services Division at the county of Simcoe 705 722 3132.
Registered Early Childhood Educators support programs and daily routines. Educator/child ratios are in accordance with the Child Care and Early Years Act.
We provide programming and pedagogy that is consistent with the Ministry of Education document “How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years”.
Educators will plan and support play experience based on children’s needs, interests and abilities. In the playrooms, there will be child-initiated and staff supported play experiences. There will be opportunities for indoor and outdoor play, quiet and active and rest period.
A daily schedule and program, curriculum plans will be posted. Educators will complete children’s daily record chart. Further documentation may be in the form of written observations, photos or children portfolios.
– to promote health, safety, nutrition and well-being of the children
– to encourage children to interact and communicate in a positive way and to support their ability to self-regulate
– to foster the children’s exploration, play and inquiry
– to support positive and responsive interactions among children, staff and parents
– to foster engagement of ongoing communication with parents about the program and their children
– to work in collaboration with community partners and to all those parents to support children, their families and educators within our child care setting.